Tuesday, June 3, 2008

May 2008 Review

My net worth as of May 31st, 2008:

($16,191.18)

Assets:

Liquid assets:
$1,579.62
Investments:
$5,232.20
Total:
$6,811.82

Liabilities:
Consumer Debt:
$23,003.00
Hospital Bills:
$0
Total:
$23,003.00

That is a 62% increase in my net worth. My assets actually decreased a bit this month, mostly due to an increase in spending. My big discretionary expenses were a large entertainment bill and a larger transportation bill. The entertainment expense was purchasing two tickets to a baseball game, this is an event that I will attend in Sept. There's a chance that my team will make it to the playoffs this year, and I had the opportunity to get front row tickets directly next to the visitor's dugout. It's not cheap, but I'm very excited about it. I'm not sure why the transportation bill was so large. My quarterly medical retainer bill came through, as well as some repayment expenses.

I'm going to try something new and put the spreadsheet I use online for everyone to see. I use it to track and categorize my income and expenses, as well as keeping track of my net worth. Check it out here. I did earn more than I spent for the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment