Monday, June 2, 2008

May Goals review

At the end of each month, I will go through and evaluate the progress I made on the goals I post at the beginning of the month.

For May:

Financial:
Increase net worth by 15%

I achieved this. I'll post the detailed breakdown further, but I've resolved all my medical debt. This caused my net worth to increase by a whopping 62.39%. I've continued to add no debt, and I'm making slow progress on my consumer debt. Things should certainly begin changing on that front over the next month or two.

Personal:
Move into a new home
File complaint with landlord-tenant board

I met one of these - well, mostly. I'm still moving "stuff" to the new place, but it's mine. I'm pretty excited about it. I'm putting some money into household items (things like new pillows, for example), since I have an actual bed instead of sleeping on a couch, as I have been for...2.5 years now. I'm going to strive to actually take better care of myself and begin making an actual life for myself instead of constantly living out of boxes. I don't know why I haven't made the effort to file the complaint letter with the landlord tenant board. I'm going to absolutely force myself to do this.

Two of three, and the two major ones...not bad.

2 comments:

  1. This all sounds like great news for you. Just make sure that you do not get too carried away with buying things for your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! if you live in baltimore, you might want to check out the JHU dailyjolt online and see if you can score any great deals from college students moving out!

    ReplyDelete