Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The mind is an interesting object

I've been extremely moody and irritable the past week, and I couldn't quite put my finger on why. Yesterday, I figured out why. I was in the car (a passenger, luckily) and was hit by a panic attack just from driving through the area where I was raped, a year ago today. It's startling to realize just how much I block out the experience in my day to day life, but it comes on suddenly sometimes, like when seeing the area or going through a pelvic exam.

Well, at least I'm not panicking about my taxes.

5 comments:

  1. Perfectly normal reaction! I don't know how I'd handle that! Hope you get better with time, it sounds very bad:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you had to go through that. Maybe you can find something to do on that day to make it a good day rather than a reminder of the bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *hug*

    i hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi. was wondering if you have been or are intending to seek psychiatric help. i guess the reason i ask is because it sounds like you have PTSD and perhaps seeing someone might help you in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete