Monday, May 19, 2008

I found a place to live

$900 per month includes everything - utilities, cable, internet, rent, and furniture. I'm going to need to buy some household items, things like hangers, but this expense is significantly less than I thought it was going to be a month ago. The important thing is I like the landlord - renting privately means that the relationship I can have with the house owner is fairly significant.

The downside is that it's farther from public transportation than I would like, meaning I'll have a pretty heavy reliance on cabs until I'm able to purchase a car. Given the risk to my physical well-being walking long distances presents, there aren't many other good options.

I'm a little concerned that I made an impetuous decision, but overall, I think it will be a decent situation. It is, at minimum, a plenty doable short-term solution.

2 comments:

  1. congrats. with furniture included? that sounds like a pretty sweet deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definately! That is a good rent! Good luck and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete