Friday, March 7, 2008

Drug reactions

I've been taking my new prescriptions for a couple of weeks now. I'm not sure any of them are working out very well. I actually stopped taking Lyrica entirely - every time I take it, I get the hiccups for 5 or 6 hours, plus vomiting for 12 or so. Pretty bad side effects for a completely ineffective drug. The oxycontin does take the edge off the day to day pain (my Guitar Hero skills have improved on it!) but does very little, if anything, for the "breakthrough" pain. It hasn't had many side effects though, mostly just a little bit of itching. The trazadone...this one is weird. I'm supposed to be taking it for sleep, but it doesn't help me get to sleep. In fact, since I've been taking it, I've slept a lot worse. I get really, really sleepy, but can't actually descend all the way down into sleep, so I lie awake for several hours in a haze.

I'm going to try to get back into the doctor's office next week, so we'll see what his thoughts are.

No comments:

Post a Comment