Sunday, March 16, 2008

Week 6 income/expense review

Every week, I'll be posting my expenses and income for review and analysis.

3/9/08-3/15/08
Income:

$1,738.70

Expenses:

$29.95


Total:

$1,708.75


Pretty good week! I got paid and my bonus came through this week. My salary will increase by about $250/month. I'm going to take $100 of that and invest it in a mutual (index) fund. I know dollar cost averaging isn't the way to go in order to maximize profits, but I simply don't have the $3,000 lump sum to open up a Vanguard fund at the moment. I'll have a post on this once the account is verified. For my expenses, $2 went to dining, $13 to transportation, and $14.95 to a credit monitoring service - now that I'm actively watching my credit reports and trying to fix them, I need this service.

No comments:

Post a Comment